Quick Lube Service Technician
Quick Lube Technician (Entry Level) – Automotive
Why wait to make a career out of doing what you love? Some of our best master technicians started as quick lube techs. So if working on cars gets your gears moving, contact us today. As a quick lube tech, you’ll start by being responsible for inspecting and lubricating vehicles quickly and thoroughly. And with a little hard work and dedication, who knows where you’ll be able to go? At our dealership, the door is always open. And so are your options.
- Perform multipoint inspections
- Communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Service universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using hand- or compressed-air powered grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentials, rear axle housings and shackles
- Check tire pressure
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Add water to radiator and battery
- Replace oil and air filters
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct
- Follow dealership safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
- Must meet dealership’s requirements for employment
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to operate manual transmissions
- Prior experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Occasional exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires a significant amount of walking and/or standing. May also require working in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs. This position may also require working at a production pace while pushing and/or pulling materials from place to place.
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
About Our Dealership
Jim Glover Auto Family is the home of Jim Glover Chevrolet on the River and Jim Glover Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat. We proudly serve Tulsa and the surrounding communities of Owasso, Claremore, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Glenpool, Jenks, Sapulpa, and Sand Springs.
As a family owned business since 1991, our motto has always been Customers First. Whether it’s sales or service, we know any establishment can guarantee the best price, but we know that the experience our clients receive is what will keep them coming back.
If you love interacting with people? Or perhaps you were born with a tool in your hand and grease on your pants...or maybe you just love automobiles. Whatever calls to you, Jim Glover Auto Family is full of opportunities! So whether you are looking into a career in sales, service, or finance, be sure explore our employment openings available. Our customer's experience starts with our employees. If you can make their experience valuable and unforgettable, then we need to talk!